Welcome to the blog for Prof. John Talbird's English 102 class. The purpose of this site is two-fold: 1) to continue the conversations we start in class (or to start conversations before we get to class) and 2) to practice our writing/reading on a weekly basis in an informal forum.

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Stretching Seconds

I walked in thinking this should be interesting. I was excited to see the clip. I love watching movies. I arrived five minutes early, and look around outside of the room where the screening took place during that time. I noticed many collections from the past, and I'm sure everybody else did too. Some of it reminded me of movies, clips, and writings I've seen and read. Then Mr. Walker tells me where the screening will take place while I'm, looking at a article about Hitler. I'm thinking and trying to figure out answers to questions I have about him, his doing, Jewish, and the Holocaust. As the movie starts, I start to question its importance. Questions similar to these, 'Will they show unfinished production.' 'Will I get upset about the quality.' 'Is this a clip that will relate to the book in some or few ways, but ultimately be about something else entirely. Then the positivism in me that helps sustain my mental balance tells me that I should watch and see how it plays out. What I've wrote thus far is similar to the movie, contradicts one of my preconceived notions, and is a millisecond of my experience from when I stepped into that building through the front and left out the back. If I was to rewrite that screening on one page this would be it. The movie starts off with teenagers horse playing in the park with everything seemingly being fine the same way I started off watching and observing Holocaust history and then the movie happens. Life like they haven't seen before happens to them. I'm not sure if someone........ . ........Meilo/Meila or whatever her name did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.