Welcome to the blog for Prof. John Talbird's English 102 class. The purpose of this site is two-fold: 1) to continue the conversations we start in class (or to start conversations before we get to class) and 2) to practice our writing/reading on a weekly basis in an informal forum.

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Ronald's POV

Reading Ronald Cotton's point of view absolutely changes my perspective of what really happened. While reading Jennifer's side she was very determined and confident that Ronald was the one that raped her. As the reader I also thought he might have been the one because she did make sure to look at the person who raped her and she was sure she got the right guy. I did find it strange how she asked the police for assurance after picking Ronald Cotton's picture and pointing him out at the like up and they agreed with her, almost influencing her choice. While reading Cotton's point of view and Jennifer's point of view I felt the pain of both of them, but Cotton's point of view provided the flip side of the situation. I felt terrible for cotton being wrongfully accused for something so serious and for no one but his family on his side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.