Welcome to the blog for Prof. John Talbird's English 102 class. The purpose of this site is two-fold: 1) to continue the conversations we start in class (or to start conversations before we get to class) and 2) to practice our writing/reading on a weekly basis in an informal forum.
Friday, March 18, 2016
Facing Jail
On Thursday we had two visitors that were convicted of crime. We heard their stories and how it effected them and the people around them. The one that was convicted of kidnapping was sent to jail for 11 years I believe. he was also put into a maximum security prison. he told us that he felt bad what he had done and did everything to get better. i felt sad the most when he said that is mother died while he was in prison because his mom meant everything to him and for me I can relate to that I would be who I am today if it wasn't for my mom's beating, lectures, love, and trust. One question i had to this man was did you know that you were going to kidnap someone or did someone trick you into driving away in the kidnap?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.