Welcome to the blog for Prof. John Talbird's English 102 class. The purpose of this site is two-fold: 1) to continue the conversations we start in class (or to start conversations before we get to class) and 2) to practice our writing/reading on a weekly basis in an informal forum.
Friday, March 18, 2016
Jail presenters
The presenters on Thursday had very moving stories especially at the point where the man broke into tears. It just goes to show you that no matter how tough you look on the outside there is something that always breaks a man. The story of the man who brother got him in jail is very horrible. Its a stab in the back. I don't think that I would ever forgive my brother. They say to not hold grudges but its not something light that they did, it was years of their lives. Time they could have used to have done significant things in their lives. One thing that was confusing was the questions asked by nursing students. I'm not sure if it mattered who ever asked the questions but I assumed it would have been Psychology students and ask more in depth questions about the victims experience to kind of give us more of an insight on how the experience really how. I think it was more personal and how they healed but it lacked details. I feel that i would have gotten more possibly reading about it or this is stuff that you would typically watch in a movie. Its good to know that you could move on from a past like that and forgive. It was inspiring and did make you feel sympathy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.