Welcome to the blog for Prof. John Talbird's English 102 class. The purpose of this site is two-fold: 1) to continue the conversations we start in class (or to start conversations before we get to class) and 2) to practice our writing/reading on a weekly basis in an informal forum.

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Alienation

I believe alienation means being different from your surrounding. For example the classic nerd in the school. All the students in the school are "regular". They dress modern, speak understandable English, understand modern jokes, and are typical students. The classic nerds on the other hand they dress weird, speak high level of English, and aren't aware of the popular stuff. In this example the classic nerd feels alienated. There are so many ways of being alienated. For example, when you move to another country, when you go out of your comfort zone, and etc. The only time I have ever been alienated is when people talk about music. Most kids these days are into music and like to follow many artists. Me on the other hand I don't listen to music like that. I will only download the song if it has good rhythm. So when people ask me "Who is my favorite singer or band?". I say "I don't listen to music like that." and they look at me like I committed a murder.

2 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.