Welcome to the blog for Prof. John Talbird's English 102 class. The purpose of this site is two-fold: 1) to continue the conversations we start in class (or to start conversations before we get to class) and 2) to practice our writing/reading on a weekly basis in an informal forum.

Sunday, March 6, 2016

"After Innocence"

In the United state, more than 150 people have been exonerated and freed by DNA evidence after spending decades in prison for crimes they did not commit. "AFTER INOCENCE" This FIM touches on the core accentuating Ronald's experience gave. Although looking from outside in gives a perspective. Evokes necessary emotions in one form or another(writing about it being one form). To be able to understand and share their experiences is to be able to express the emotional experience of another and to be able to mentalize their experience. I took a recording of certain scenes of this screening. In hopes of quoting and then explainon it's meaning by summarization in order to compare and contrast to similarities with in Picking Cotton. Nothing stands out more than the green eyed tall guy professing that he knows what has become of him due to spending over two decades in jail. He also expresses some of what he deserves and how it isn't arrogance. I can't quote him but I can try. I remember him saying something like,"I feel like I'm the strongest man in the world. It's not arrogance. I deserve to say this because of what I've experienced." Ronald Cotton seemed surprised. He expressed being surprised when he been told the good news. The warden said to Cotten, "The good news is the guy that committed the crime you're doing time for confessed. You're going home tomorrow. "Ronald expression. "I couldn't speak. Was he bullshit ting me? How could I be here all these years and then, just like that, I'm going home tomorrow? It made me suspicious." It is obvious to tell that it seems as if these wrongly convicted people alost gave up about getting, let alone getting out alive. They can't believe that they have made it out. They certainly may have picked up several things while being incarcerated. Whether that is, 'something they learned, a rock, a book, or possibly another prisoner.' Life can be intwe sting if not interesting alreasy. I need to go to church. Pray for me. Pray for us all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.