Blog #2
Flash fictions to me are really creative and exciting to read. Although they are alittle confusing and hard to capture the real point of view of the storyteller, I do enjoy reading them. I liked each of the stories throughout the packet but I did happen to build a favorite. "Before She Was a Memory," by Emma Bolden stood out to me the most. After reading the story the first time I was completely confused. I read it about three times before I can even figure out the purpose to be honest. I thought the author turned such a tragic story into something so beautifully written. She really brings you into the story, like we talked about in class. By bringing me into the story I was able to capture a sense of how someone could feel loosing someone so close to them so tragically. It was such a tragic story to here let alone tell I'm sure. What I really love besides the story being so beautifully told, was the detailed wording that really made you have to think beyond the words. With all these flash frictions, you really have to dig deep to understand what the writer is trying to portray. That is why the title to me plays a big part. I like reading these flash fictions but am a little nervous to write one. These authors are so experienced and creative with their topics and word choice it's hard to live up to those standards. I'm excited to see how it goes.
Me too, I agree with all of which you wrote.
ReplyDelete