Welcome to the blog for Prof. John Talbird's English 102 class. The purpose of this site is two-fold: 1) to continue the conversations we start in class (or to start conversations before we get to class) and 2) to practice our writing/reading on a weekly basis in an informal forum.

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Flash Fiction- Before She Was A Memory By Emma

In this flash fiction I think the author is hallucinating about the death of her daughter. In other I think it is not a real situation she was experiencing at the moment. In the story after reading the first line, I think her daughter was murdered because her head was missing she was taken to the morgue and at the same her mother was experiencing some mental illness. She was then given a pill she enables her to think about the pass. Also since her daughter's head was missing she was able to recognize her by the diamond that was on her body and she also recalled some sweet memories of her daughter that she stating to make the story not dark so readers can put herself in her to think what she is experiencing. I also can think about a similar situation that I have seen on television where a girl was murdered and her mother was unable to recognised her due to her face skin and body parts were removed when she was murder. However after recalling to some memories she remembered she had given her a blue stud ring which has a lot of sweet memories behind only the she was able to to figured out her daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.