My Thoughts About Literature:
For me, the decision to study literature has been a struggle. Since I was young, I did not enjoyed reading but I enjoyed being read to, but I always considered the actual study of literature to be made up; seriously, poets don’t actually try to "invoke" some other work. Literary devices? Some make-believe stuff that people invented to make English seem scientific. By studying literature I find that this sense of confusion and search for self-discovery is a common theme and as mentioned by professor John Tallbird the theme of the Class is Why Me? As a result after the semester all confusion will be cleared and a discovery about the them will be discover. I also do not like reading a lot but after the Eng 101 class I developed some love for reading, this was because the book that I have read in the class were interested which enables me to read more books. Moreover i fell literature is about the obsession with ideas because only then ideas about writing something imaginary comes from obsession.
HI Nishal:
ReplyDeleteLit can be about obsession with ideas. One reason that I love lit, though, is b/c it can literally be about everything and anything. Truthfully, I hope that the class doesn't lead to all confusion being cleared away. Sometimes, it's good to be confused. Maybe, though, this class can help you to find skills to help straighten out your confusion.