I'm very excited for this English class this semester because English is one of my favorite subjects. After reading the syllabus in all honesty I thought this class was going to be really tough to manage with all this reading. Now that I think about it, I actually think I'll enjoy it. I'm not used to being in a class where were all reading the same books and having discussions on it, so that could be something new and fun. I do have alittle bit of a confusion about some of the assignments shown in the syllabus like:
-The pairing with the other class assignment
-The collection assignment (I'm confused on how it's going to work still)
-What the blog posts are supposed to be about each night
-Where to find our class on the blog
To be honest, I wasn't always the best writer. I always struggled with essays when it came to figuring out a topic, to not repeating myself, to use words I've never used, etc. I think after last semesters English class with Proeffesor Heather Simon, I've grown a lot more as a writer. I feel stronger when it comes to writing essays and I don't get so nervous. I try to enjoy the writing more then just strictly saying I have to write an essay. Reading isn't my favorite thing to do unless I'm really interested in the book. When I saw on the syllabus how much reading we would have to do I was alittle taken back. I googled the "Picking Cotton," book after class and I was actually pretty interested in reading it. All together I look forward to taking part in this class! And even though I'm pretty quiet, I look forward getting to know my professor as well as my classmates!
-Tyler Corno
Hi Tyler:
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing. I'm not sure what it means "Where to find our class on the blog." You've found us, right? The other questions, I think, will answer themselves as we go along.
best,
jt