Welcome to the blog for Prof. John Talbird's English 102 class. The purpose of this site is two-fold: 1) to continue the conversations we start in class (or to start conversations before we get to class) and 2) to practice our writing/reading on a weekly basis in an informal forum.
Tuesday, February 9, 2016
Priscilla Ortiz- Blog post #2
Priscilla Ortiz Blog post #2
February 9th 2016
I personally do not use twitter but I do use Facebook, I have never thought of using twitter although Many people I know have told me to create one of my own. I never knew or imagined that people use twitter to tell stories, that is something new to me. On the other hand I do believe that people find many ways to tell stories. Anyone now a days, can write something and post it onto social media for it to be read. Honestly, I found "Reasons for elevators" Difficult to understand, I was not really sure if the baby actual was dead or died later on. Yes the packet had a variety of stories, with different ways that the stories itself can be interpreted, but I personally believe that the story of "Reasons for elevators was confusing to understand. I wasn't sure of what the story had behind it and what was the point of the story. However, the variety of stories was good because we were able to see that some stories don't necessarily have to be long as in 2-3 pages long they can just be a couple of sentences and with those couple of sentences the reader can come up with a couple or many questions about the story that was just read. I believe that the story of "How to end up" had a very good way of ending and a way of having people think. I personally that and interpreted the ending of the story as, what you do to start can result in something different, in the way that you thought things would turn out. "The road home, they will always remind you, is not always the way you came." meaning that the where you started before is not always where you will end up, in other words things with time can change and it may lead you to see things a different way. This story is kind of telling you the reader, what to do to become successful, and someone to share that success with. Its also telling you to have dreams and aspirations to look Foward to completing. Even if where you end up is somewhere -different, at least you are now able to live that experience and experience something new and something that you as a person, had no idea that would occur. "The road home, they will always remind you, is not always the way you came." Sometimes down the road things and plans change, but it will and it can lead you to something you did not expect and it can help you grow as a human being and continue to progress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good response, Priscilla. Stick w/ "Reasons for Elevators." Why did you think that the baby in the story wasn't real? What makes something real or not in a fictional story?
ReplyDelete