Welcome to the blog for Prof. John Talbird's English 102 class. The purpose of this site is two-fold: 1) to continue the conversations we start in class (or to start conversations before we get to class) and 2) to practice our writing/reading on a weekly basis in an informal forum.
Sunday, February 14, 2016
Reaction to "A Notice From the Office of Reclamation"
I found this flash fiction very interesting because I was able to visualize myself actually being inside a cave/mine. So in the part of the flash fiction where it started saying to imagine myself being inside an empty space and felling trapped, I was actually able to image it. I enjoy reading pieces of literature where I am able to feel like I'm in the story. It makes the story more entertaining, for me at least. Furthermore, I can relate to this flash fiction about how people want to go into caves/mines and explore them because I have gone to a cave before. Finally I found this piece a bit funny because it talks all about the dangers of going into a cave/mine and how many people have died, but people still wont listen, so its like why write about it then if you know no one will listen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.