Welcome to the blog for Prof. John Talbird's English 102 class. The purpose of this site is two-fold: 1) to continue the conversations we start in class (or to start conversations before we get to class) and 2) to practice our writing/reading on a weekly basis in an informal forum.

Saturday, April 2, 2016

The Stranger

At the conclusion of the Stanger by Albert Camus, I find myself not feeling any specific emotion towards the character Meursault. It seemed that he was a troubled man who for some reason sought to isolate himself from society. At the begging of the book I was a bit angry with him for being so nonchalant about his mother’s death, but as the book progressed I noticed that he wasn’t trying but rather it was a part of him that he expressed. I was awoken to this idea at the begging of the trial, I saw that he had the opportunity to go free but his character/ true self was unable to be anybody but who he actually was. With this understanding of the character my anger turned to indifference even unto his death.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.