Priscilla Ortiz
April 12th,2016
Richard killed the husband of Lady Ann and the father in law. Richard tries to convince her that she should Marry him, but she doesn't know that its for his own benefit. Clarence is Richards brother and he is put in the dungeon and he gets accused of killing the person Richard killed and also because Richard wants to get rid of him. I highly believe that Shakespeare makes Richard ugly and unattractive so that the audience can know that people are all humans and to know that people regardless of how they are can still commit a crime and wrongfully accuse others so that they can do their time in jail for them. I think that, the quote in scene I where Richard says that " and be the saint when I play the devil." I think he tries to tell the audience that he tries to be seen as a good person but he is not when no one else is watching. So in a way, he tries to make himself seen by lady Ann that he killed her husband for not a reason that she thinks when in reality she knows why he did what he did. Richard has two personalities that he uses one or another when hes around people. Shakespeare has different ways of writing and different types of genres so that we can see that everything is different in plays.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.