Welcome to the blog for Prof. John Talbird's English 102 class. The purpose of this site is two-fold: 1) to continue the conversations we start in class (or to start conversations before we get to class) and 2) to practice our writing/reading on a weekly basis in an informal forum.

Monday, April 18, 2016

Richard

I think Richard is most interesting because he always is doing something that would catch a readers eye. There's always something new to the story with him and he's always leaving people on the edge of their seat. You never know what could happen next with Richard because he's so unpredictable. He has been evil throughout the book and I think "evil" like characters hold more of a significance rather than the "savior." When there is more of a contrast throughout a story it's more interesting, and Richard plays that.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you and how unpredictable Richard can be with the things that he takes part in and the things he does to keep people's attention. I believe also, that evil in this play holds more significance, but in real life Evil doesn't always win and I believe Richard will eventually get caught.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree as well. Saviors get boring because it's the same thing over and over again. The savior is usually predictable. He saves the girl or the people. The anti hero sets a good stage for unpredictable events. It makes you want to read more.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.