Welcome to the blog for Prof. John Talbird's English 102 class. The purpose of this site is two-fold: 1) to continue the conversations we start in class (or to start conversations before we get to class) and 2) to practice our writing/reading on a weekly basis in an informal forum.
Thursday, April 28, 2016
Richard - Anti Hero
Richard as an Anti-hero. As I get further into the reading I understand a lot more about Richard personality as also reading about him on different websites. I think Richard is an Evil person and he acted this way to make they Scenes interesting because if it wasn't for the act and the things he done in the scene i think the book would have been boring. Despite of his evil acts and the things he has done to get where i wanted to be i was surprised Lady Anne has accepted his proposal. I think Lady Anne was convinced to his sweet behavior towards her and also Richard sympathize with her and she felt for comfortable and asked Richard to reach her after she finish mourning. This reminds me of the stranger When the boy mother has passed away and the next day he was with a girl. Similarly when Lady Anne was mourning for her lost of her love one she was convinced by Richard to married her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great connection between The Stranger and Richard III, Nishal! You're exactly right: both Meursault and Richard are missing something that many of us naturally have: empathy, the ability to understand the suffering of others. In current terms, both characters would be called sociopaths. In the contexts of the two literary works, they're "monsters."
ReplyDeleteThis is a big reason for why I teach literature. I think that literature can help develop our sense of empathy. I think that people who read widely of literature will be less likely to do evil things to those around them, they'll be more likely to be outraged when others do evil things to their neighbors, thus making our world a better place to live in.