Welcome to the blog for Prof. John Talbird's English 102 class. The purpose of this site is two-fold: 1) to continue the conversations we start in class (or to start conversations before we get to class) and 2) to practice our writing/reading on a weekly basis in an informal forum.
Tuesday, April 26, 2016
Act 4 - Richard 3
I have read Act 4 and did not understand what was going on in this part of the book. However I understand scene one not that much but the rest of the scene in act four was difficult because of the language and it makes me confused and read one page to go back to read the same page to know what exactly was going on in the act between the characters. In addition I also got confused with the characters especially Edward and Richard and also the queen, I think if I have to see the movie i will definitely understand what is being acted in the scene. Act 4 scene one The ladies of the court are gathered before the Tower of London. The old Duchess of York, Queen Elizabeth, and Lady Anne all greet each other joyfully. They were going to visit the young princes in the Tower. I was thinking Richard might kill her as well since he is so brutal and show no mercy. He just want everything for himself.The women who have not yet heard the news of wicked Richard snatching the throne, are all shocked and cry out that they hope it's not true. They can't believe Richard is the king and has the right to give orders. They're all willing his order and suffer the consequences that he will give them. Richard who is consider an anti hero does not care about women or other people. If he say someone beyond him he will try to kill them or take them out of position.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Im not there yet, but I can imagine how confusing it can be to understand whats going on. I know that Your right in terms of Richard wanting to do anything so that he takes power and he will try to kill them so hes the only one in charge.
ReplyDeleteNishal:
ReplyDeleteI've I said in class, my students always think they don't understand what's going on and then describe what's going on. Your description of A 4, Scene 1 is pretty good w/ one exception: The ladies are distraught, yes, that Richard is Lord Protector, but they're more distraught that he has decreed that they can't see the Princes who are held in the Tower.