Welcome to the blog for Prof. John Talbird's English 102 class. The purpose of this site is two-fold: 1) to continue the conversations we start in class (or to start conversations before we get to class) and 2) to practice our writing/reading on a weekly basis in an informal forum.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Ghost Cleans Himself up Before visiting the Monument of the of the War Dead. 


Who is the speaker? what is he/she like? what is the tone of this speaker's

At first reading this poem i was a bit confused as to who the speaker was, after a closer more in depth reading I came to the conclusion that the speaker might be of the third party. The speaker or the topic of speaking (the ghost) seems to be remorseful. This is seen in the context of him calling himself an "animal" . the tone of this piece seems to be a little bit slow/ claim, majority of the writing called for pauses.  

1 comment:

  1. I was confused as well, thanks for sharing this. I also think the same about the speaker

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.